Red Fox Education Conduct Guidelines
Red Fox Educations Conduct Guidelines are, at the simplest level, a description of the conduct we establish for all our tutors to comply with laws and ethical practices wherever we do business. It is a living document that we regularly review and update.
We want you to be successful, committed and happy when you are tutoring our students. We want to deliver excellence and recognise that in order to do this, we need a very high-quality content of lesson materials, as well as technologically advanced support and organisational tools to enable you to deliver successful lessons in a positive online environment. We view the online classroom as the future of education, one where students can access a British based curriculum, anywhere, at an affordable price for parents, who would otherwise be unable to access this level of education.
- The tutor should conduct lessons in a well-lit and quiet environment.
- If a t-shirt is delivered to the tutor we expect you to wear it during the lessons, a t-shirt will help to standardise our brand and provides students and parents with a recognisable identify that they can relate to and feel comfortable with.
- During lessons the tutor will do his/her best to provide professional lessons, failure to do so should be reported to Red Fox Education to help us solve the issue.
- The tutor should wear appropriate clothing during lessons.
- If a tutor is late, they should make up the time at the end of the lesson.
- Consistent lateness to lessons damages the professionalism of both the tutor and company, therefore if a tutor is consistently late and we receive complaints, we reserve the right to terminate your lessons and assign a new tutor. We never want this to happen and hope we can always resolve any such issues before they get to this stage.
- Payments are made monthly and on the 1st day of the month. We reserve the right to alter this time, should a more appropriate payment date be decided upon, if it is, we will inform you.
- It is the tutor’s sole responsibility to sign off the lesson as “Complete” and to add the lesson feedback, this should always be done at the end of each lesson. Signing the lesson off as complete updates your payment system, therefore if you don’t do it you won’t be paid for that lesson when your monthly payment is made.
- Salary rates are: £14 for a 60-minute lesson, £7 for a 30-minute lesson and £3.5 for a 15-minute demo lesson.
- Finder’s fee, if you find a new tutor and that tutor completes 10 lessons you will receive a bonus of £25 when you receive your monthly salary. We want to build an excellent team of committed and dedicated tutors, your help with building this is appreciated.
- Bonuses, unlike other online Education companies who pay lower salaries with promises of bonuses if certain benchmarks are met, which are usually difficult to achieve and can be frustrating for the tutors, we set a high base salary. This simplifies the whole payment system for everyone and makes it transparent and clear and easy to calculate how much you will earn based on the amount of lessons you complete each month.
- We recognise that the tutor and student may wish to change the day and time of lessons, please report any lesson changes so that we can update the scheduling system accordingly.
- If a student is late by over 15 minutes, please communicate this to Red Fox Education the tutor is responsible for notifying Red Fox about this. Notification covers you in case of any misunderstandings.
- If a student is late or does not arrive on time, please remain in Zoom for the duration of the assigned lesson. If a student does not arrive during the full allocated lesson time, please assign homework for the student within the lesson feedback form and sign the lesson off as “completed”.
- All property within the Red Fox Education website is the sole property of Red Fox Education and should not be used, copied or otherwise shared with anyone who is not a customer of Red Fox Education without the prior consent of the company.
- Do not discuss political issues during lessons. Let’s keep the lessons about education and learning and avoid our own personal opinions on subjects that may cause offence.
- Do not discuss religious issues during lessons. Let’s keep the lessons about education and learning and avoid our own personal opinions on subjects that may cause offence.
- Never disclose your personal address please keep this confidential.
- Be understanding and respectful of the culture of the student (s) you are teaching.
- We are a very small company now, but our intention is to grow and as we grow, we want to continually improve everything we do, your feedback and support with our development is welcomed and appreciated.
- Our intention is to build training portals within our website where we can all learn and share information about strategies on teaching techniques through videos, reports and presentations.